Friday, December 10, 2010

Queue Tips: Desperate for attention.

"The Tale of Despereaux" was okay.  I didn't care much for it, but I think kids will like it.  It was watchable, but at the same time, forgettable.

A more memorable kids' film is "CJ7".  It's not a cartoon.  It's directed by Stephen Chow.  I enjoyed it.  I laughed a lot.  It's too bad not many people know about it.  In this country anyway.  Check it out when you get a chance.  You might love it.

"Son of Rambow" is a good one, too.  It's about two kids becoming friends.  It made me think a lot about my own childhood and how much simpler things were.  We hung out with each other just because we liked each other and didn't have to worry about hidden agendas or ulterior motives or any kind of pretense.

"Bolt" was another good kid flick.  I pretty much enjoy most Disney cartoons though.  The last one I can remember not liking was "James and the Giant Peach",  and that was because I had read the Roald Dahl book upon which it was based.  I didn't like the decisions that the filmmakers made.  That was already so long ago forever though.  When I watched it again recently, it didn't seem so bad.  But I've already forgotten what I've read.

I also watched "The AristoCats", not to be confused with "The Aristocrats", which is nowhere close to a children's film.  I liked it.  It was directed by Wolfgang Reitherman.  I like the spirit of his Disney films.  He also did two of my favorites, "The Jungle Book" and "Robin Hood".  The voices all pretty much sound the same though.

No comments:

Post a Comment