Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Queue Tips: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Apparently, "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" is not a documentary about Scottish Settlers in the New World.  It's a totally different film.  I don't know if it made a ton of money, but it kind of just came and went so I don't think so.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with this.  Michael Cera pretty much plays the same character as he has in other films, but it definitely worked for this movie.  I won't say much more because I don't like giving away details.  I myself prefer to watch with a clean slate.

Cera's persona kind of reminds me of Woody Allen.  It's basically the same guy in every film, but it works.  And now I wish I could see Michael Cera star in a Woody Allen film.

So I watch the Netflix DVD, and it's great and everything.  But get this.  I select "bonus features" on the main menu, pick the deleted scenes, click play all, and this comes up:

"This disc is intended for rental purposes and only includes the feature film.  Own it on Blu-ray or DVD to view these bonus features to complete your movie watching experience."

WTF is that?  Why even bother giving the option?  Why make us go through those selections?  Why bother writing all that and authoring it that way?  In other words, you knowingly gave me an inomplete movie watching experience.  Douchebags!  And they even took out the audio commentary, which doesn't take up much space.

This is one of the reasons why I have no respect for the movie business.  Apart from that, some of them make you sit through their previews before being able to even access the menu.  And when you finally do get access to it, some of them show you scenes from the movie or show you are about to see.

So for those who actually buy these products, they have to go through this every damn time they want to watch it.

_.. ._ ..._ .. _.. ..._ .. ._.. ._..

No comments:

Post a Comment