Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Queue Tips: Curious hour.

Apparently, "Drunken Angel" is not the sequel to "Drunken Master".  No, it's totally different.  Especially since it came so many years before.  This is the seventh film by Akira Kurosawa, and I've only seen it a few days ago.

It doesn't disappoint.  It's one of the few stories by him not set during samurai times.  One of the lines, if I remember correctly, goes like this, "Forget about that feudalistic loyalty crap."  I highly recommend it, especially if you're into Kurosawa's films.

I won't tell you much more so that I don't spoil it for you.  As I may have mentioned before, I prefer knowing absolutely nothing about a film before I watch it.  Just put it on your queue.

Meanwhile, this will probably be the last DVD I'll ever get on Netflix.  I'm tired of all the changes they're making.  Discs have been coming in scratched and unplayable, and it's just not worth it having to keep asking for replacements.  They don't seem interested in getting new ones either.  Sometimes titles would just disappear and go down to the "Saved" section.

In addition, they raised the price of my plan.  So that was kind of the last straw.  From now on, I'll be giving hulu a chance.  As well as the library and my good friends who still have Netflix.

1 comment:

  1. I also prefer knowing nothing about a film before I watch it. But now I do this almost exclusively with films that have been recommended to me

    ReplyDelete