Saturday, December 25, 2010

IndieVisible: Green.

I hope you are enjoying the holidays.

This is a film I shot for multimedia class.  As part of a pattern of my ambitiousness, it is only one scene out of a planned feature.  This was one of the easiest film shoots I've directed, mainly because of the crew.  I didn't try to do everything myself for a change.



And then he sings, "Last Christmas, I gave you my cock.  But the very next day, you gave it away."  I have to finish the script someday just to finish it.  I don't think it's a great screenplay or anything, but it was fun to write.

The production was by no means smooth.  For some reason, the Arriflex camera started giving us some trouble.  You check and check the equipment and never encounter problems, but then production starts and things happen.  We were able to calmly fix it without stressing out or losing it.

I was very happy with how it went.  Unfortunately, this was my last production project in college.  I never shot film again after that.  In addition, I've also lost touch with the cast and crew.

We shot other angles, as well as coverage.  However, once I watched it in the editing room, I decided I liked this take as is it.  I also thought the tracking in and out felt a little more subtle without the cuts.

This was shot in a studio which didn't start out as a studio.  It was a gym that somebody decided would be good enough to convert into a media arts facility.  The ventilation system was loud, and the room had echoes.  Someone praised me for being able to make use of that place and actually making it look like a bedroom.  It's not the best set, but it was no easy task.

_.. ._ ..._ .. _.. ..._ .. ._.. ._..

No comments:

Post a Comment