Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Queue Tips: Secrete and Service

"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" was another film I didn't really watch as a child.  I remember renting the tape from the video store, and then coming home to find out it wasn't Sean Conner or Roger Moore.  And then I was like, meh.  Watching it now, George Lazenby kind of looks like the love child of Woody and Buzz Lightyear.

In this film, James Bond is stuck at an institute with a bunch of beautiful women.  They all fawn over him, and he even sleeps with a couple of them.  It's like a Woody Allen film.  If the producers only knew, they should have hired him to direct this.  I haven't seen an Allen film in over a decade, but I think it might be interesting to review his work in 1969.  How do you think this film would have turned out if he had written and directed it?

No comments:

Post a Comment