Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Queue Tips: White Noise

I can't remember what I finished watching, but the next recommended thing that popped up was  "Ozark". I was in the middle of something so I absent-mindedly clicked it.  It picked up where I left off.  I had actually tried to watch it months ago while not busy.  

When I was actually focused on watching the show, I didn't really care much for it.  I didn't really care for the characters or their problems.  However, it actually turned out to be bearable as background noise while working at home.  

You don't even have to watch it to actually understand what is going on.  The characters spell out everything for you.  Over and over again.  Dialogue tells you exactly that they are laundering money for a Mexican cartel, for example.  No slang, no lingo, no code, no subtlety.  If you miss an important plot detail, you don't have to worry because they will recap it for you.  Over and over.

It seems to have been written by a 12 year old "Breaking Bad" fan, who really liked it and was allowed to make their own show.  A guy just trying to take care of his family gets caught up in a big crime thing and stuff.  Apparently, this guy is so highly skilled at what he is doing that this big criminal organization will go out of their way to make him work for them, even killing their long trusted members. Kind of like "Breaking Bad".  Just when you think they are about to die, they manage to talk their way out of it.  And big plot twists where they kill their own people instead of this random guy, you know, because he is so highly skilled. 

It seems to have lasted a few seasons, so I think there are people who like it.  Click "Watch" if you want.  But you don't have to actually watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment