Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Queue Tips: Turning Japanese

For a long while, I only saw "You Only Live Twice" once.  And I didn't even finish it.  We were at my aunt's house in Manila at the time.  I think we had to go somewhere or go to sleep or something.  It was kinda depressing because (spoiler alert) James Bond dies at the beginning.  Or maybe we didn't go anywhere but I stopped watching.  

The film is set in Japan.  There is a white guy in the beginning appropriating the culture.  And then later on, James Bond becomes Japanese.  

It's possible I probably came back to the movie and then realized that Bond was still alive.  I probably didn't care already by then.  I may have been playing with my cousin, too.

Anyways, the bad guy had Bond inside his building, and instead of keeping him there to kill him, he waits until he is outside and his henchmen try to kill him in broad daylight.  Right in front of their own building.  And then later on, they leave inside a plane with no pilot so that it would crash with him in it.  I mean, why waste a perfectly good plane?

Later on, they actually turn James Bond into a Japanese.  Real cringeworthy.

I remember the big volcano crater opening thing.  It's always amazing how we're expected to believe these huge structures were built in secret.  And with all the personnel inside, no one still finds out.  It even comes as a surprise to the spy agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment