Thursday, February 24, 2022

Queue Tips: Review To A Kill

It only took me until a few years ago to realize that the opening shot of James Bond walking and pointing his gun towards the camera was actually from the point of view of an enemy's gun barrel.  I just used to think it was someone looking at him through a telescope.  I even realized that Bond was shooting the person watching him, but I somehow didn't put it together that the red thing coming down was blood.  And that the camera starts pointing down because the guy is dying.  The would be assassin went from a view to being killed.  

It's interesting how Sean Connery puts out the left hand for balance.  Roger Moore holds the gun with two hands to keep it steady.  I can't remember how George Lazenby did it. 

This is a film where one of the bad guys is betrayed by another of the bad guys.  Therefore she allies with Bond as soon as she finds out the betrayal.  And Bond could have just killed her at any moment, but she isn't worried about that at all.  In fact, she even sacrifices her life in the end.  (Spoiler alert!)  She could have jumped off and saved her life in the end, I think.  Once she got into daylight, I think it would have been safe for her to get away from the bomb.  It could have been her living daylight.

I really like the theme song to "A View To A Kill" by Duran Duran.  The syncopated beat of the bass drum with the tom accompanying the snare is really impactful.  It gets you in the move for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment