Saturday, January 1, 2011

IndieVisible: At the gate.

Here's a video I shot in college.  I was so ambitious that I wanted to direct a whole feature length movie in one semester.  It didn't work out so well.  We only shot this one scene, and we messed up the sound.  I won't go into specifics as to why.

For my part, I didn't organize a big enough crew and thought we could do it on our own.  We didn't rehearse either.  And I don't remember whether I even drew up storyboards.



Obviously, there's no dialogue because of the audio problems (which can happen when you only use on-camera microphone).  I added music for sound, which would have been what I wanted for the soundtrack.  The songs are from heavy metal bands called At The Gates and Nothingface.

It's close to how I wanted it to look, except it should have been set at the heart of summer and not in the fall.  I'm not crazy about the sweaters and the leaves on the ground.  I guess it's a good thing I never shot the rest of it, because I wouldn't have been happy with it as part of the whole.

I like the piece by itself though.  It would have been my first feature, and I called it "First" at first.  But now, I'm trying to re-write that script, so I'll rename this one once I've completed that screenplay.

Happy first day of the year!

_.. ._ ..._ .. _.. ..._ .. ._.. ._..

No comments:

Post a Comment