Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Queue Tips: Wireless.

This is what I liked about "The Wire".  Any character can die at any time.  And you simply move on.  And the show was still good until the very end.  The series ended after five seasons.  Despite some situations being unresolved and some characters not getting their comeuppance, the show was over.  Furthermore, there were actually some new developments.  I'm glad it ended before it got stale.

Before this, "The X-Files" was probably my favorite series, and that show definitely got formulaic, especially with the so-called "monster-of-the-week" episodes.  And then near the end after David Duchovny left, I felt like they were stringing the audience along whether Mulder was coming back or not.  I wish they had just killed him off and challenged themselves.

The summer after I graduated college my then-girlfriend and I stayed up nights watching this.  Around 4 in the morning, we would cook ramen noodles.  Most of the time I fell asleep on her lap and missed some of the shows.  She would fill me in the next day.

The apartment we were staying in at the time happened to have some mice.  We would see them scurrying about in the dark from time to time.  We decided to hunt them.  We pretended they were aliens and we were Mulder and Scully.  We set traps all over the place.  We were armed with tennis racquets, a broom and a dustpan.  It was fun.

Anyways, a friend tells me that "Shameless" is pretty good.  He taped the first episodes, so I might check it out.  And then I'll let you know what I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment