Monday, January 17, 2011

Queue Tips: Children of old ages.

Have you ever seen "Pinocchio"?  It's been around forever, but I've only seen it recently.  It was fun.  And as far as I can remember, it stays pretty true to the Carlo Collodi book.  It's a classic.  I recommend it no matter what age you are.  Both the book and the film.  They're for children of all ages, as they say.

The only thing I didn't like about the DVD was that once it finished, it automatically redirects to this god-awful pop cover of "When You Wish Upon a Star".  What a letdown.  Way to ruin your product.  I grabbed the remote right away, pressed stop and just shook my head.  SMH, as the kids say.  Some things I just don't understand.

Trying to keep an open mind, I actually watched "Mamma Mia!"  I guess you have to be an ABBA fan to appreciate this.  I found the plot ludicrous, and the songs didn't fit the situations.  They were forced.  It also bothered me that with the cast's voices, the songs didn't sound like the original.  They were butchered.

I felt the same about the songs in "Happy Feet", especially their rendition of Queen's "Somebody to Love".  Some of my friends found this movie a little boring.  Well, I didn't think it was great or anything, but I found it watchable.  I'm sure the target audiences - the kids and the young at heart - enjoyed it.
_.. ._ ..._ .. _.. ..._ .. ._.. ._..

1 comment:

  1. Though I have been reading I am a little behind in my comments.
    I will say that happy feet had great moments though, I guess i was expecting more. HoweverI did find moments like the arrival of humans by chopper to the colony very moving. but just as you, I hated the singing and how they butchered Queen . Unfortunately it is a song that is very hard to sing and Brit Murphy didn't have a great voice and wasn't a professional singer, which you need to be for that song. And well...except for the ones of latino penguins I didn't like any songs.

    ReplyDelete