Monday, January 4, 2016

Lilo and What?

Speaking of those Disney movies, the first one my son actually watched was "Lilo and Stitch". It was also the first feature length that he saw. He had been watching 15 minute shows on Sprout TV so I was surprised that he sat through the whole thing.

I wondered whether I should have introduced movies to him so soon, but I was getting tired of the same shows and I just love film so much. And of course, I was simply curious about how he would receive it. 

I guess I picked this one because it was set in Hawaii and they also have some slang in there that my wife uses sometimes. (She was born there btw.) So one day while she was out with her cousin doing the laundry or shopping, o stayed home with my toddler and put the movie on.

I didn't watch it with him. I was on my computer. I either had work to do or just got on social media or something. I probably wasn't maintaining this blog, or I would have written it down and have a way to remember it. 

Anyways, I think my son came up to me after it ended and asked me to play it again. One of the surprising things about him watching the whole thing is that he could be clingy sometimes, so him being alone for a couple of hours without missing a parent or grownup was extraordinary. 

But I didn't want him to keep asking for the movie so much. Not because it was rotting his brain or something. It was the way the little toddler pronounced it. 

"Peesh, Daddy, again. Lilo and Tits!"


No comments:

Post a Comment