Thursday, December 3, 2015

On the other foot.

My baby likes to kick off the blanket. When he's awake, and you put a blanket on him, his legs casually, almost instinctively, go up in the air, and his feet come out of the blanket and down over them. If he doesn't get it done right the first time, he'll do it again. And again. Until his feet are free.

Are most babies like this? I don't know, but his big brother was like that, too, when he was a baby. And their mother as well. Her feet are always sticking out of the blanket. If not both, at least one somehow. With all three of them, I'll cover them up. And when I check on them later one, the feet are out again.

But I'm not like that at all. In fact, I can't have any part of my lower body out of the blanket. I feel awkward. Almost vulnerable. And I can't have my arms or feet hanging down over the side of the bed either.

No comments:

Post a Comment