Friday, September 9, 2011

Queue Tips: Limitless

I watched "Limitless" recently.  I wasn't sure why it had been on my queue.  It was more like "pointless" to me.

It's about a guy who finds a way to use his brain more efficiently, and is able to learn quickly and so on and so forth.  Because of his newfound abilities, pretty much anything can happen.  The problem with movies like this is, something does happen.  And usually that something is a letdown.

I'm not going to give away the plot, although I might as well in order to give you as little incentive to watch it as possible.  But anyway, what the character decides to do kind of has its limits.  So the title is not apt.  It's not.

About half an hour into it, I realized why I wanted to see it.  Robert De Niro is in it.  For only a few minutes.  So that, too, was kind of pointless.

In addition, everything is spelled out via narration and overtly expositional dialogue.  For a movie that touts increased brain activity, it pretty much doesn't challenge the viewer to use their minds either.

And now here is "Frank's 2000 Inch TV" by Weird Al Yankovic, because it has a line about De Niro's Mole:



No comments:

Post a Comment