Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Queue Tips: Hesher

Apparently, "Hesher" is not a movie about chocolate candy bars.  It's a pretty good film starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Natalie Portman.  Also, Rainn Wilson is in it, but I totally didn't realize it was him.  John Carroll Lynch is in it as well.  You might recognize him from such films as "Fargo" and "Beautiful Girls" (also with Portman) and "The Drew Carey Show".

It's not for everybody, I guess, but I thought it was awesome.  The main issue with it would be that some of the events are a little far-fetched, as far as character choices.  But not too hard to believe that you can't just go along with it.

There are some heavy metal music in there, as the lead character is sort of a metal head.  That's my real problem with it, I guess.  Most of the song choices are typical, like Metallica and Motorhead.  No Slayer, as far as I know.

Apart from that, I thought the child actor Devin Brochu showed great talent as the lead.  Either that, or the director Spencer Susser did a great job in motivating him and cutting together a terrific performance.  Or both.

Lastly, I was surprised that Netflix didn't strip the DVD of its special features.  It was nice to see the outtakes and behind the scenes.  I especially love watching a low budget indie-type film being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment