Friday, January 15, 2021

Wrap Star

How was your xmax this year?  For me, it was all right.  It didn't really feel Christmassy, I guess.  But that's also part of growing up, right?

I think the kids enjoyed it, though.  We planned to put up the tree right away after Thanksgiving, but then when I looked for it, I remembered I threw it away last year.  It was a fake one we've had for the past couple of years, and the leaves had been falling off.  So my wife ordered a new one, and I think it came late November or early in December and then we put it up right away.  We have two balconies outside, and we put up lights there.  We also had lights inside on the stairs.  And then the stockings were put up as well.

We had a lot of gifts for the kids.  When I find really good bargains during the year, I buy them and keep them in the closet for Christmas or their birthdays.  So like a football for five bucks, for example, that I got sometime in the summer became one of Rusty's presents.  So they had a bunch of presents.

I also wrap up stuff around the house.  Dusty just recently realize he loves pistachios, so I wrapped up a box of those.  Mac and cheese for Rusty.  Corned beef for me.  Macadamia nuts for my wife.  Random other stuff.

So the kids had a lot of presents to open.  When Rusty was a toddler, he loved unwrapping gifts, so that's how it all started.  He would then play with the papers and boxes.

Dusty is different.  The first toy he opens, he just wants to play with it and that's it.  He doesn't think about what else there is.  And he doesn't care that there's a lot of stuff.  When we're all done, he'll get preoccupied with one or two gifts and the rest would just go unopened.

So he's got some presents that he has unwrapped a few times now.  Christmas, birthday, and then Christmas again.  They just go back in the closet for the next event.  Next year, I probably won't wrap so much stuff.

The tree is still up.  We usually take it down around January 6th.  But we'll probably keep it up for a while.  The kids seem to enjoy it.  Also I'm lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment