Thursday, January 21, 2021

James!

This will surprise you, but I don't know everything.  When my kids ask about something and I don't know the answer, I don't make things up.  I just simply admit it and ask what they think.  Sometimes I think I know but then realize I don't.  Sometimes I don't know if I know.

So then I'll think about it while trying to answer them.  And I'll say, "I don't... know..."  Well, apparently, there's enough that I don't know that I had been saying this a lot.  So I would say, "I don't..."  And my older one Rusty would interrupt and say, "Know!  Jinx!"  And he would say, "Daddy, I jinxed you, you can't talk."

Eventually my younger one Dusty would do the same.  Except instead of "Jinx!" he would say "James!"  So then it would go like this:

"I don't..."

"Know!  James!  Daddy, I jamesed you."

Now I just say, "I don't know, James."

No comments:

Post a Comment