Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Queue Tips: The Fighter

Apparently, "The Fighter" has nothing to do with Dave Grohl.  Cos he was in the Foo Fighters.  Hello?  Anyone?

This was a pretty good film despite the plain, generic sounding title.  Christian Bale never disappoints.  You gotta love his dedication to his craft.  He kind of actually reminded me of a client who was a former boxer.  Mark Wahlberg was all right, I guess.  He hasn't actually done anything that has truly impressed me.  But then again, I haven't seen "Invincible" yet.  Or "Max Payne".

Melissa Leo was awesome.  I didn't know she would be in it.  I always love little surprises like that.  She was of course terrific in "Frozen River".  Recently she was in HBO's "Treme".  And you've probably never seen her in "Homicide: Life on the Street", but that was a pretty good show.

I don't like to reveal too much, and I don't know what else to say, so just check it out when you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment