Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hello.

I haven't written in this blog in months. I've been a little busy. Or sometimes I would have... um... that thing... uh... writer's block.

Well, I just spent the Thanksgiving holiday at home, four straight days with my family. I was playing with my son, and he crawled all the way from the living room to the kitchen, then to the bedroom, and turned purposely towards the bathroom. It was awesome! He is now 8 months old and has gone through so many changes.

And I thought, if I had written about him trying to sit up, attempting to hold his own bottle, or crawling backwards, I would have had an account of his experiences at that stage, as well as mine and my wife.

So I think I'm going to try this time to actually keep up with this blog.

I think my last entry was in September. Since then, my wife has earned her driver's license, and it's been a great relief for me. As for her, she is still adjusting to having to share the road with idiots, but overall, I think she enjoys being able to drive. The most important thing, though, is that she doesn't have to wait for me to pick them up, take them to the doctor's, or have to wait for me when there's an emergency.

As I have mentioned, my son can now hold his own bottle, sit up and balance himself, and crawl throughout the house. He can also raise himself up to a standing position, which really scared his teacher at the daycare yesterday because she didn't know this. I think they were decorating for Christmas, and I guess he was crawling on the floor. When she turned around, my son was on his feet, holding on the sides of the cribs, moving slowly sideways from one to the other. She was shocked. They said it was an advanced skill for his age.

At work, things are still slow. Certain truths were revealed to me about the company's financial state, and I must say, it's pretty scary. I don't know what I would do if we go out of business. We even considered printing out coupons and handing them out on street corners. We ended up just sending emails to our clients.

I ran into an old friend on the train one day. He works as an IT for the New York Times, and he sometimes deals with their job postings. He said he'll let me know if they have any openings. That would be nice. I hope I hear from him soon.

My grandfather died. I didn't have the resources to go back to the Philippines. Or to even send money and help with the funeral.

The Jets started off the season great, but now they barely have a chance to make the playoffs.

Manny Pacquiao won his bout against Cotto, and my neighbors across the street could be heard hooting that night. Woo, woo, woo!

El Fino called me a couple of times. He seems to always remember my birthday. I never answer my phone, especially if the caller is unknown. Other times, I just so rarely talk on the phone that I just forget about it until I have to leave home. He left me a voicemail and said that sometimes I should just take a chance and say hello. Good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment