Monday, August 26, 2024

Thirsty

I don't really get thirsty much, actually.  I could run up to ten miles without a drink.  When I'm skating or playing with my kids or staying out in the hot sun all day, I don't feel the need for water.  Much like everything else with me, it's really when I start thinking about things that I feel the need for them.  With drinking, I often think about how a nice ice cold lemonade would really hit the spot, and that's when I seek out the drink I'm after.

From time to time, it could be a High Noon or a sour margarita.  Or one of those bubbly waters they make nowadays.  I like the lime flavor.  I don't really drink alcohol much anymore.  I've been trying to cut it out more and more.

But I used to drink a ton when I was in college.  I was proud of it.  I liked when my friends would come over and each one would bring a case of Corona or something.  Even when I was alone, I used to drink a six pack of Heineken while watching the Yankees game at home.  (I used to like them before switching to the Mets; that's another story.)  During recycling days, I would bring out full bags of beer cans and bottles for all the neighbors to see.

Maybe my kids are kind of like me in that they don't seem to get thirsty much either.  They can go for a long while on ice without water.  Either that, or they're just too lazy to bring their bottles.

Anyways, that is probably why I get headaches sometimes.  I might not feel the thirst, but it's probably affecting me physically still.  I should probably try and monitor that.

Still, despite not drinking too much, I often have to pee a lot.  And right away.  I think I have an overactive bladder.  Hopefully nothing worse.  Or maybe it's all in my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment