Monday, March 3, 2014

Queue Tips: Zzzzzz

When Hurricane Sandy happened, I was terrified.  I mean, I kept pretty calm but I really didn't know what to expect.  I didn't know how long the power outages would last and how people might react.

In addition to lack of electricity, we had no cell phone signal.  My wife, my son and I had no communication with the outside world for a couple of days.  Our neighbors didn't know much of what was going on either.



We sat in the car to listen to the radio.  That was how we got our news updates.  And how we charged our cellphones.  For some reason, our cell signal was also stronger there.

One neighbor told us that the signal was stronger at the train station, so we walked there.  There were people milling about, some with their cellphones raised in the air.  Some were charging their devices in whatever outlets they could find.

It was pretty peaceful.  But in the back of my mind, I kept wondering what would happen if this situation didn't improve soon.  Would society eventually break down?  How would I fend for myself, let alone for my family as well?



That is what I thought I would see based on the trailers of "World War Z".  I thought it was about war breaking out and a man having to protect his family through it all.  What kind of sacrifices would the main character suffer through for his wife and kids, and what kind of horrible acts would he be willing to do to others to insure his family's safety?

I thought it would be like "The Walking Dead" without zombies.

And then I watched it, and it turned out to be just another zombie movie.  The Z is for zombies.  Only, unlike "The Walking Dead", this was lame and boring.

It was more like World War Zzzzzz, as in the sound you make when you're snoring.  Because you are so bored that you are sleeping through it.  Or maybe I was just lost because I didn't see parts A to Y first.



No comments:

Post a Comment