Saturday, September 7, 2024

Queue Tips: Nun Ya Darn Business

I was watching "The Young Ones" the other day.  Robbie Coltrane had a guest part in one of the episodes.  In case you didn't know, he played Hagrid in the "Harry Potter" movies.  He was also one of the ghosts in the Black Adder Christmas special.  I also remembered that he was in "Nuns on the Run" so I watched that movie again.

I first saw this on TV sometime in high school, in the mid 1990s.  I don't think I've seen Monty Python films yet back then so I'm not sure if I was too familiar with Eric Idle yet, but he was one of the stars in the movie.  He just seemed like a fun guy, and I enjoyed watching him and Robbie.

It's just a fun movie, I think.  I like comedies and I like to laugh.  The plot is kinda silly and everything, but you just kinda have to go along with it.  I think this was one of the movies I recorded and watched over and over back then.  I think it was the Fox Network which broadcast it.

One of the things that was kind of hard to get past is how quickly the girl fell in love with the main character.  Like, she seemed severely depressed to think that he wasn't into her.  I mean, they just met.

Well, also like how the convent never checked the new nuns' identities.  The mother superior never asked for IDs or any paperwork.  She never called the supposed place where they came from.  Like, she could have called or looked them up in the yellow pages.  But I mean, it's just a movie.

So I was watching it the other day, and my younger one comes in and sees it.  It was near the end when they're all running around like crazy.  And my kid is laughing at the shenanigans.  So apparently he likes it.  The credits roll and he asks to see it again.  So we've been watching it over and over for the past few days or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment