Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cool story, bro.

So yesterday, on a total whim, I decided to take my son to the library for the first time.  I hadn't been there in about nine years.  I think I wanted to check out if they still had a media department so I could rent "Moonrise Kingdom".

Anyway, we went to the kids' section and read "The Cat in the Hat" and "Horton Hears a Who".  Then we checked out the media department, and it did still exist.  We found DVDs of "Horton" and "The Lorax", and we rented them, along with "Moonrise".

We went home and watched "Horton" while eating lunch.  We don't usually watch TV while eating, because Timeout Boy ends up just staring and not touching his plate.  For some reason I decided to just feed him and let him watch.

We then went grocery shopping.  We bought some things at Target.  Then we drove over to ShopRite. On the way there, the kid fell asleep, so he and I stayed in the car while my wife continued shopping.  I listened to the radio, and for some reason I was really paying attention to the songs' bass lines.  Then the DJ came on and mentioned that it was Dr. Seuss' birthday.

I thought that was a pretty cool coincidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment